To use the Trend Micro System Cleaner, please follow the steps below:
- Close all open programs and windows.
- Create a new folder on your desktop. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Right-click your desktop.
- Select New, then select Folder.
- Type "System Cleaner" for the folder's name.
- Download the System Cleaner. Do the following:
- Download the Sysclean.exe file.
- Click Save when the File Download window appears.
- Select the System Cleaner folder as the location, then click Save.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. Do the following:
- Restart your computer.
- Press F5 or F8repeatedly while the computer is starting up.
You will see the Windows Advanced Options Menu.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys, then press Enter.
If you are asked to select your operating system, select the Windows version you are using, then press Enter.
- Log in to your Windows account.
- Click Yes when a message verifying that you are running Windows in Safe Mode appears.
- Double-click the System Cleaner folder on your desktop.
- Double-click the Sysclean.exe file. A Command Prompt window will appear.
- Wait while the program downloads the files it needs
- Click Scan when the Trend Micro System Cleaner window appears.
- Wait for the scan to finish, then close the Command Prompt window.
- Click View log to see the scan results.
- Verify that all infected files were cleaned or removed.
Note: If the System Cleaner tool was not able to clean the files, try using the Twin Fix tool.
If the log says that some infected files remain, send a copy of the sysclean.log file to Trend Micro Technical Support
for analysis. This can be found in the System Cleaner folder you created.