Did this article help you?
Thank you for your feedback!
When you load the SMDreal, the following error appears:
There is no message database, so check the database again. Or reinstall it again!
Click image to enlarge.
This issue happens because of a missing or corrupted database.
To reproduce the issue:
- Stop the Domino server by running the "quit" command on the Domino console.
- Back up the \Data\smd\smmsg.nsf database.
- Remove the \Data\smd\smmsg.nsf database.
- Start the Domino server. You will notice that not all the smd tasks load on the Domino server.
- Run the "lo smdreal" command on the Domino console.
To resolve the issue, do any of the following:
- If the smmsg.nsf database backup exists, restore it in \Data\smd.
- If the smmsg.nsf database backup does not exist, copy the database from another Domino server and replace the corrupted database in \Data\smd.
- If the above options does not work, reinstall the SMID.
ScanMail for IBM Domino - 5.6 Windows;ScanMail for Lotus Domino - 3.0 Windows, 5.0 Windows;5.5 Windows;