When OfficeScan (OSCE) client is running, backing up using Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 has slowed down significantly.
During a backup process, the Symantec Backup Exec software generates huge file events. OSCE processes these events when they occur. This causes the backup process to become slow.
To address this issue:
- Stop the Aegis TMBMSRV service.
- Using the Services MMC (services.msc), stop the Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service.
- You can also run sc stop tmbmservice on a command prompt to stop the service.
- Open the Registry Editor.
Always back up the whole registry
before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Look for the hive [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\Aegis].
For a 64-bit server OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\AEGIS\RmSysEventDebugFlags
- Locate the string "RmSysEventDebugFlags" and add a dword value 000f0001.
"RmSysEventDebugFlags"=dword:000f0001 will remove the file hooking from AEGIS. This means that AEGIS service will no longer receive the any file events.
- Restart the machine.
Add the .bkf extension in the exclusion list for real time scan.