Manually downloading and Installing Trend Micro Mobile Security for Android
2014/09/11 10:01 PM (PST)
This article will help you manually download and install Trend Micro Mobile Security for Android.
If you are having problems installing Trend Micro Mobile Security from the Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore, then follow the steps below:
[ Expand All ]
Step 1: Enable the installation from Unknown Sources
Before downloading Trend Micro Mobile Security you must allow installations from “Unknown Sources” on your device, by following the steps below:
- From your Android device go to Settings then Applications or Security.
- Check the box next to Unknown Sources.
- A warning message will appear, read it and then tap OK.
Note: After you finish installing Trend Micro Mobile Security we recommend you change this setting back to its original state.
Step 2: Download and install Trend Micro Mobile Security
To download Trend Micro Mobile Security, do the following:
- Open this link on your device ww.trendmicro.com/mobiledownload or scan the QR code using your Android device.
- The download will then begin.
- Once the download completes you should see a notification at the top of your device, tap this notification and then install the app.
- If the app does not open automatically, find the Trend Micro Mobile Security icon in the app drawer of your device and tap on it.
Step 3: Activate Trend Micro Mobile Security
For Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security Customers
- After installing mobile security tap on the Buy/Activate button at the bottom of the app main screen (or in the settings menu of the app.).
- Tap Sign In.
- Type the username and password used to register Trend Micro Maximum Security.
For Customer who have pre-purchased a Trend Micro Mobile Security package
- Install the app as per above instructions.
- Open the app and tap Buy/Activate.
- Tap Use Activation Code and register an account.
- Find the Activation Code in your package or email confirmation.
- Type the 20 character code in the spaces provided and then tap OK.
If you encounter issues while downloading, installing or activating the program, contact our Technical Support
Rate this Solution
Did this article help you?