Welcome to Support
Maximum Security Support
Latest version available. Maximum Security 10
Frequently Asked Questions
Top Technical Topics
- How do I upgrade Maximum Security to the latest version?
- Learn how to upgrade your Maximum Security without uninstalling the previous version.
- What is Ransomware?
- Know what is Ransomware and how you can prevent it from your computer.
- Does Maximum Security support Microsoft Edge?
- Check out these FAQs about Trend Micro Security compatibility to Windows 10.
- Does my computer meet the system requirements?
- Check the system requirements needed to install Maximum Security.
- What other anti-malware tools can I use?
- Try our free anti-malware tools for Home Users.
Accounts, Order and Billing
- FAQs about your online purchase
- Commonly asked questions about your online purchases.
- Where can I check my order status?
- Log in to view your order details.
- “Too Many Installations” message appears when I activate my Premium Security 10.
- Know what to do when you receive this error message when activating your Trend Micro Security.
- How do I change my serial number?
- Learn how to change your serial number.
- How do I activate my new serial number?
- Know how to activate your Trend Micro Security using a new serial number.
- Where can I find my serial number?
- Know where to get your Trend Micro Security serial number.
What Can We Help You With?
Upgrading to the Latest Version
- Download the installer file and open it.
- Get the installer here: Full Installer (212MB).
- Wait as the installer unpacks and installs the program.
- This may take a couple of minutes.
- When its done, it will ask for you to restart the computer.
- Restart and once you are back it will continue where it left off.
Accounts and Purchases
Accounts and Subscription
- View and manage your account and subscriptions
- Log in to view and/or remove devices under your Trend Micro Account.
- Manage account information
- See how to update your Account details.
- Subscription not extended after renewal
- Check if you have the right serial number in place.
- Updating billing information
- Know how to update your existing billing information.
Purchases and Renewal
Virus and Threat Help
Virus and Threat Removal
- I am getting unwanted popup messages
- Learn how to remove popup messages or advertisement from your computer.
- I am being redirected to other websites
- Know how to fix website redirection issues.
- My programs are suddenly not working
- Feel your program is not working? Try these simple steps.
- I feel like my program is not able to detect threats
- Know what to do if Trend Micro Security is unable to remove/delete the detected threats.
Free Cleanup Tools
- Free online virus scan.
- Rootkit Buster
- Perform system forensic scans to clean complex malware infection such as Zbot & Cryptolocker.
- Anti-Threat Toolkit
- Scan hidden files, registry entries, processes, drivers, services, ports, and master boot record (MBR) to identify and remove rootkits.
- Rescue Disk
- Allows you to use a hard disk, CD, DVD, or USB drive to examine your computer without launching your Windows operating system.
PC Recovery After Virus Infection
- Resetting web browsers
- Reset your browser settings to resolve website redirection and performance issues.
- Restoring your Windows PC to a previous state after infection
- Find out how to perform a Windows Restore.
- Restoring encrypted files after Cryptolocker Ransomware infection
- Find out how to restore files using backup, Shadow Copy or System Restore.
- Restoring Windows PC to its factory settings after infection
- Find out how to restore the factory settings of your PC.
Errors and Troubleshooting
For common issues, you can try the following:
- Make sure there are no conflicting programs such as third-party antivirus
- List of conflicting programs and how to remove them
- Check and get the latest Windows update
- How do I run a Windows update?
- Run a full scan to detect & remove threats
- Running a full system scan
- Upgrade to the Latest Version
- Upgrade Maximum Security to the Latest Version
TIP: For connectivity, software or hardware issues, you can try to disable your Trend Micro software temporarily to see if it's causing the issue. Contact the manufacturer if the same issue persists after disabling your Trend Micro program.