Reducing your computer's startup time using Trend Micro Security software for Windows
Longer startup time of computers are commonly caused by multiple programs trying to start up at the same time. These programs can automatically add themselves in your computer's startup list during installation.
Below are some startup programs that you can remove manually from your computer's startup list:
- iTunes Helper
- Apple Push
- Adobe Reader
- Google Chrome
- Spotify Web Helper
- CyberLink YouCam
- Evernote Clipper
- Microsoft Office
Find out how to delay the startup programs from running to help your computer start faster using Trend Micro Security.
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- Click Device.
- Click Start next to PC Health Checkup.
- After the scan, click Show Details on the scan results window.
- Click Make optional improvements opposite Reduce Computer Startup Time.
- Select the program/s you want to delay from starting up. Click Reduce, then click Close.
- Click Back.
- Click Close.
- Restart your computer. The selected programs will be delayed on startup.
Last Updated: Jul. 19, 2017 1:43 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1104937