Unable to open the main console of Trend Micro Security
- Solution ID: 1104607
- Last Updated: Sep. 25, 2017 6:06 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2015;2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Cannot open the main console | Trend Micro Security
You cannot open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software even if the system tray icon is visible.
This can happen due to the following scenarios:
- Conflicting third-party security software
- Virus infection
- Trend Micro Security software is running in compatibility mode
- Missing path variable in Windows
To resolve the issue, do either of the following options:
- Uninstall Conflicting Software
Having third-party security software or older Trend Micro programs installed on your computer may lead to installation and performance issues. To remove these programs and their components follow the steps below:
- Download, then run Control Panel.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Select the program you need to remove, then click Remove or Uninstall.
- Wait for the program to be uninstalled, then restart your computer when asked.
For the complete list of third-party security software and instructions on how to remove them, check this Knowledge Base article: Programs to remove before installing Trend Micro Security.
Note: If you encounter issues in uninstalling the third-party security software, contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
- Run HouseCall to check for virus infection
Run Housecall to scan your computer from malware. For complete instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Scanning your computer using Trend Micro HouseCall (For Home Users).Visit the HouseCall page for more information on this free product.