"Turn on Trend Micro Toolbar to check your privacy" error message appears when using the Trend Micro Privacy Scanner
- Solution ID: 1104205
- Last Updated: Sep. 06, 2017 5:26 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Internet Security - 2015;2016;2017, 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016, Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- "Turn on Trend Micro Toolbar to check your privacy" | Error Message | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following error message when using the Trend Micro Privacy Scanner:
"Turn on Trend Micro Toolbar to check your privacy"
This message appears when you try to use the Trend Micro Privacy Scanner but the Trend Micro Toolbar is disabled.
Trend Micro Toolbar works with your web browser to warn you about any security risks associated with the websites you try to visit. Trend Micro Toolbar should appear automatically in your web browser if you select Display the Trend Micro Toolbar on supported web browsers.
To enable your Trend Micro Toolbar and run the Trend Micro Privacy Scanner, do the following:
To enable the Trend Micro Toolbar on your browser, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Enabling the Trend Micro Toolbar on supported browsers
To run the Trend Micro Privacy Scanner, follow the steps below:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop to open the main console.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Configure on the right side of Privacy Scanner.
The Privacy Scanner window will open. By default, the Privacy Scanner feature is turned on. You can turn off the feature by clicking the slider.
- Click the Check Now button under Social Network Privacy to check your Privacy settings on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Click the Check Now button under Web Browser Privacy to check the privacy settings of your web browsers.