Performing a System Restore after malware infection
This article provides instructions on how to perform a System Restore after your computer has been infected by malware.
To perform a System Restore, do the following:
- Log in using an account with administrator privileges on your computer.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Open field, type "rstrui", then press ENTER. The System Restore window will appear.
- Click Next.
- Choose a restore point (a specific date before the computer was infected), then click Next.
- Click Finish to begin System Restore.
Last Updated: Sep. 06, 2017 2:46 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1104150