Slow PC performance due to high CPU or memory usage of CoreServiceShell.exe
- Solution ID:1101714
- Last Updated:Oct. 24, 2018 7:31 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Slow PC | CoreServiceShell.exe | Trend Micro Security
This article shows you what to do when the CoreServiceShell.exe causes high CPU or memory usage which leads to the slow performance of your computer. This can happen due to conflicting software, malware infection or remnants of your old Trend Micro program.
The CoreServiceShell.exe is the main process of your Trend Micro Security program. It does the following:
- Interface with the operating system's Service Control Manager (SCM)
- Receives various service requests such as start service or service status request
- Loads the Trend Micro Security program's core modules and plug-ins
- Serves as the entry point for the whole software framework
- Manages your Trend Micro Security software
To resolve the issue, do the following:
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
To install this hotfix, you must log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges. If you have installed software on your computer before, you probably have these privileges.
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
Click the button below to download the hotfix:Download Hotfix
- Double-click the Ti_150_win_en_LCE_hfb7.1.1021.exe file once the download is complete.
- Accept the License Agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- When a warning window appears, click Yes.
- Restart your computer.
After applying the hotfix, the CPU or memory usage of CoreServiceShell.exe should be normal.
If the issue still persists, contact Technical Support for assistance.
Issue still persists?
Monday to Friday (5AM - 8PM PST)
Monday to Friday (7AM - 7PM Sydney Time)
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:30 GMT
Monday to Friday (8AM - 5PM Local Time)
Monday to Friday (8AM – 5PM Manila Time)
Monday to Friday (9AM – 9PM India Time)