Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Auto-Renew
- Solution ID: 1055073
- Last Updated: Feb. 15, 2018 5:28 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus for Mac - 2015;Antivirus for Mac - 2016;Antivirus for Mac - 2017;Antivirus for Mac - 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2015;2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Mobile Security for Android - All;Mobile Security for iOS - All;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- FAQ | Auto-Renew | Trend Micro Security
Auto-Renew (also known as AutoRenew or automatic renewal) is a service offered to Trend Micro customers who purchase online. For your convenience, it is designed to automatically renew your subscription right before it is due to expire, which means you will not have to manually perform the renewal process and risk a loss in protection at any time. Auto-renew customers also get priority version upgrades to the latest products. If you are not satisfied with this program, you can cancel anytime.
Advantages of having an Automatic Renewal plan:
- No worries in losing protection for any certain period of time.
- Automatic Renewal is a more convenient way in paying the annual subscription.
- Get automatic discounts based from the original price of the program.
- Cancel anytime if you are not satisfied.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED: The only way to enroll in the Auto-Renewal service is by processing an order for either a new purchase or a subscription renewal online. By default, the Auto-Renew feature is enabled on your Shopping Cart page. You do not have to do anything to opt into the service when processing the order.
Below are frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Auto-Renew program available for Trend Micro Home and Home Office products.
Click on a question to view the answer:
You can cancel the Auto-Renewal service using either of the methods below:
OPTION 1: Via Trend Micro Account or Shopping Cart Page
- Go to Trend Micro Account.
- Type your email address and password, then click Sign In.
- If you forgot the registered email address but you have the serial number, click Forgot which address you used before?
- If you forgot the password, click Forgot password?
- If you are unable to disable the Auto-Renewal and the registered email address is already inactive, contact our Technical Support for assistance.
- Click the green Auto-Renew ON slider.
- Click Disable Now.
When you have successfully disabled Auto-Renew, you should see Renew Now.
OPTION 2: Via Digital River's findmyorder.com
- Go to findmyorder.com.
- Provide either of the following, then click Find:
- Your Order Number and password
- Your email address and the last five (5) digits of your credit card
- Click Cancel Auto-Renewal.
- Click Continue.
|Product||Regular Price||Charge Upon Auto-Renew|
|Maximum Security 1-year||$89.95||$80.96|
|Internet Security 1-year||$79.95||$71.96|
|Antivirus+ Security 1-year||$39.95||$35.96|
|Antivirus for Mac||$39.95||$35.96|
There is no way to change or update the billing information once the online order has been completed. You will need to cancel the Auto Renewal service that came with the recent subscription, so that you will be able to manually perform the next renewal and provide the updated billing information. To cancel the Auto-Renewal Service, check How do I disable or cancel Auto-Renew?
If you have already used My Account to verify that your subscription is enrolled with the Auto-Renewal program and noticed that your expired license has still not been renewed, contact our Technical Support for assistance.
The information about this service is located in the Trend Micro Shopping Cart, under the product name column.
If you did not click on the Update Auto Renewal status link while processing the order online, you would have been enrolled with the service by default, thereby authorizing the system to automatically charge the same credit card with the next renewal.
The automatic renewal feature will not be cancelled, you need to manually disable it from your Trend Micro Account.
See How do I disable or cancel Auto-Renew? above.
This message is usually sent if you have changed your credit card information or the credit card account is no longer valid. In this case, you will need to manually renew your subscription online. To do this, click on the Renew Now link in the email to be redirected on the Trend Micro Online Renewal page.
Since you will be asked for your serial number during the online renewal, take note of this information beforehand to avoid encountering issues when processing the order.
This happens when the Automatic Renewal (Auto Renew) fails to renew your program because of any of the following:
- Your credit card has expired or the details are not correct and should be updated.
- Your preauthorization has failed. Authorization hold is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done through a debit or credit card. This held balance will be unavailable until either of the following:
- The merchant clears the transaction or settlement.
- The hold "falls off"?
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Contact Digital River, Trend Micro's online reseller and merchant of record, regarding your credit card account:
- USA/Canada: 1-952-646-5980
- Australia: 1-300-730-160
- New Zealand: 0-800-507-902
- Hong Kong: 800-900-570
- Taiwan: 00801-14-8878
- Other APAC: 800 1301-642
- Check if your credit card account needs to be updated with Digital River.
- Contact your bank regarding the issue.
Currently, there is no way to change the credit card registered to the Auto-Renewal program. To get a discounted renewal, you need to manually renew your subscription. Do the following:
- Cancel your existing Auto-Renewal subscription. See How do I disable or cancel Auto-Renew? .
- Wait for the confirmation email stating that you have been opted out of the auto-renew service.
- Perform a manual renewal online and provide a new credit card information.
You will need to renew the subscription before it expires to avail the discounted renewal price.
Need Additional Help?
Monday to Friday (5AM - 8PM PST)
Monday to Friday (7AM - 7PM Sydney Time)
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:30 GMT
Monday to Friday (8AM - 5PM Local Time)
Monday to Friday (8AM – 5PM Manila Time)
Monday to Friday (9AM – 9PM India Time)