Threats are not detected or cleaned by Trend Micro Security
This article shows you what to do when threats are not detected or cleaned by your Trend Micro Security software.
- At the bottom right-hand corner of your desktop, right-click on the Trend Micro system tray icon.
- Select Check for Program Updates.
The About Your Software window will appear and will automatically check for available updates.
- Click Close once the download is complete or if there are no new avaible updates.
- Click the Scan Options button, then select Full Scan.
- Wait until the Full Scan completes.
- HouseCall - This is the tool that you need to use first. HouseCall scans your PC for a wide range of Internet security threats including viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware.
For instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Scanning your computer using Trend Micro HouseCall (For Home Users).
- RootkitBuster - If you suspect there is a malicious component preventing HouseCall from executing, or that is trying to hide from the system, you may run the RootkitBuster. This tool is a rootkit scanner that can check through hidden files, registry entries, processes, drivers, and hooked system services. It can also clean out hidden files and registry entries that were created by malicious software.
For instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Using the Trend Micro Rootkit Buster for Home Users.
- Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) - The ATTK scanner can be used for offline and online computers. Download the correct package for your system: if your computer is connected to the Internet (online) or not (offline).
For instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Using the Trend Micro Anti-Threat Toolkit to analyze malware issues and clean infections - For Home and Home Office users.
- Ransomware Screen Unlocker Tool - The AntiRansomware Tool is able to execute successfully on an infected environment and stop a ransomware process. However, for digitally signed ransomware processes, the tool will not be able to stop the process completely but it can minimize it.
For instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Downloading and using Trend Micro™ Ransomware Screen Unlocker Tool.
- Ransomware File Decryptor - a tool that attempts to decrypt files encrypted by certain ransomware families.
For instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Downloading and Using the Trend Micro Ransomware File Decryptor.
- Rescue Disk - allows you to use a CD, DVD, or USB drive to examine your computer without launching Microsoft Windows. It finds and removes persistent or difficult-to-clean security threats that can lurk deep within your operating system.
For instructions, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Using Trend Micro Rescue Disk.
Last Updated: Jun. 26, 2017 2:01 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1104582