Performing a System Restore after malware infection
- Solution ID: 1104150
- Last Updated: Oct. 17, 2017 4:53 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2016;Antivirus+ Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2015;2016;2017;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;
- Using System Restore after malware infection | Trend Micro
This article provides instructions on how to perform a System Restore after your computer has been infected by malware.
To perform a System Restore, do the following:
- Log in using an account with administrator privileges on your computer.
Note: If you have installed software on your computer before, then you probably have these privileges.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
In the Open field, type "rstrui", then press ENTER. The System Restore window will appear.
Choose a restore point (a specific date before the computer was infected), then click Next.
Click Finish to begin System Restore.