"Unable to Remove Threats" or "Threat Not Removed" error message appears when your Trend Micro Security program runs a real-time scan
- Solution ID: 1104104
- Last Updated: Mar. 13, 2018 1:15 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- “Unable to Remove Threats” or "Threat Not Removed" notification appears | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following error messages when Trend Micro Security program detects a malicious file during a real-time scan:
"Unable to Remove Threats
Some security threats could not be removed.
Please contact Trend Micro for help."
This happens if the detected file is either a running process or inside the System Volume Information folder.
To resolve the issue, select the applicable scenario below:
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To resolve this issue, delete all System Restore Points. Do the following:
- Turn off the System Restore feature by following the steps below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R keys.
- In the Openfield, type "sysdm.cpl", then press ENTER. The System Properties window should open.
- Click the System Protection tab.
- Under Protection Settings, select a disk, then click Configure.
- Select Turn off System Protection or Disable system protection.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Scan your computer using Trend Micro security program to complete the cleanup.
To resolve this issue, end the process using the task manager. Do the following:
- On your keyboard, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE, then click Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Look for the process in the list.
- Right-click the process name, then select End Process.
- Locate the Threat and delete it manually.