“Too Many Installations” error message appears when activating your Trend Micro Security software
You receive the following error message/s when you activate your Trend Micro program:
"Too Many Installations.
You may only activate this software on a limited number of computers. Because you have reached that limit, you must either stop protecting another computer, or buy another subscription."
This happens when you installed and activated your Trend Micro Security more than the allowed number of seats.
- Installed the program on your computer or other computers
- Installed the program on the same computer more than once
- Reinstalled the program on the same computer after reformatting its hard drive
- Upgraded the program on the same computer where an old version was previously installed
- Installed and activated any of the following bundled programs using your Trend Micro Security Serial Number:
- Antivirus for Mac
- Mobile Security for iOS
- Mobile Security for Android
- Premium Security = 6 seats
- Maximum Security = up to 5 seats
- Internet Security = 3 seats
- Antivirus+ Security = 1 seat
Note:If you have multiple computers, you can do any of the following:
- Buy additional protection by clicking Make another purchase on the too many installations window.
- Activate another serial number by clicking Use another serial number on the Too many installations window.
- Manage your license seats by accessing your Trend Micro Account.
- In the Password field, type your Trend Micro Account password, then click Next.
- Select the computer or device, where the program was previously activated, that you want to replace.
- Provide a computer name, then click Next.
Example: "Home Computer" or "Office Computer".
A confirmation window will appear.
- Click Finish.You have now activated the protection on your computer.
Last Updated: Mar. 21, 2017 12:47 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1059026