Configuring the PC Health Checkup of Trend Micro Security software
Learn how to configure the PC Health Checkup to specify which items will be included during the scan.
To configure the Security and Tune up Controls, do the following:
- Open the main console of the program by doing either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro system tray icon.
- Click Settings or the gear icon.
- Click PC Health Checkup.
- Tick the items that you want to include on the PC Health Checkup scan.
Check for Security Vulnerabilities:
- Windows Update - check the Windows Update install settings
- Firewall Protection - check if the Windows Firewall is turned on or off
- Internet Explorer - check the security settings of Internet Explorer
- User Account Control Settings - check the User Account Control protection level
- Flash Player Update - check if the Flash Player is automatically downloading updates
Check for unneeded system file:
- Temporary Windows files - e.g. Windows error report, Install logs, Thumbnails
- Temporary web browser files: - e.g. Browsing history, Download history, Cookies (Applies to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome)
- Temporary application files - e.g. Chat history, MS Office history, Media Player history
- Recycle Bin contents
- Click Apply, then click OK to save your changes.
Note: If you did not make any changes, just click OK to retain current settings.
Last Updated: Sep. 13, 2017 9:12 PM (PST)
Solution ID: 1104583