Using the Secure Erase feature of your Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1059146
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:22 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2016;2017;2018;2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Using Secure Erase | Trend Micro Security
Learn how to use the Secure Erase feature of your Trend Micro Security software to delete files and prevent deleted files from being recovered.
The Secure Erase feature is exclusively available for these versions:
- Premium Security
- Maximum Security
- Internet Security
When you delete a file, Microsoft Windows just removes the directory information used to find it. The actual data still remains on your hard drive, and potentially available to someone with recovery tools.
To set up Secure Erase, do the following:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software by doing either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Right-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray (near the clock).
- Click Data.
- Click Configure.
- Click OK when the introduction window appears.
Tick Don't show this introduction again before clicking OK, if you don't want the Introduction window to appear everytime you access Secure Erase.
- Drag the slider to ON to turn on Secure Erase.
- Select the Type of Erase that you want to use.
- Click OK to save your settings.
To use Secure Erase, do the following:
- Right-click the file or folder you wish to delete.
- Select Delete with Secure Erase.