Transferring a license from one device or computer to another
- Solution ID:1059819
- Last Updated:Apr. 09, 2018 11:27 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus for Mac - 2016, Antivirus for Mac - 2017;Antivirus for Mac - 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2016;Antivirus+ Security - 2017;Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Mobile Security for Android - All;Mobile Security for iOS - All;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Transferring a license from one device or computer to another | Trend Micro Security
This article shows you how to check for your protected computer and transfer your protection from your old device or computer to the new one using your Trend Micro Account.
To transfer protection for your other devices, do the following:
- Open the Trend Micro Account website.
- Type your Trend Micro Account email address and password, then click Sign In.
- Look for your product from the list.
- Click the X icon next to the device/computer you wish to delete.
Note: If you are unable to find the X icon, proceed to step 6.
- Click Disable Now to confirm the removal.
The device/computer will be removed from your account and you can now install your Trend Micro program on your new device/computer.
- Click the Download button that corresponds to the program that you need to install.
- For Windows™ PC
- For Apple® Macintosh®c
Note: To transfer protection on your mobile devices, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Transferring protection from one phone to another.
- For Windows™ PC
- Double click the installer when the download finishes.
Select your program version for the detailed steps how to install:
If you encounter issues while transferring your protection, contact our Technical Support for assistance.