Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Auto-Renew of Home Network Security
Auto-Renew (also known as AutoRenew or Automatic Renewal) is a service offered by Trend Micro and its online store, Digital River. For your convenience, it is designed to automatically extend your subscription right before it is due to expire, which means that you will not have to manually perform the renewal process.
Advantages of having an Automatic Renewal plan:
- No worries in losing protection for any certain period of time.
- Automatic Renewal is a more convenient way in paying the annual subscription than having to renew manually.
- Get automatic discounts based from the original price of the program.
How do I set up Auto-Renew?
- Go to the Welcome Web Portal.
- Click Set Up Auto-Renew.
- Type the Pairing Code, then click Next.
- Follow the prompts to enter your billing information, then enroll to auto-renewal.
- Click Download App.
Note: You will receive an order confirmation email to confirm your placed order.
How Do I Disable/Cancel Auto-Renew?
- Go to Trend Micro Account.
- Type your email address and password, then click Sign In.
- If you forgot the registered email address but you have the serial number, click Forgot which address you used before?
- If you forgot the password, click Forgot password?
- If you are unable to disable the Auto-Renewal and the registered email address is already inactive, contact our Technical Support for assistance.
- Look for your Home Network Security license or Pairing code.
- Click the green Auto-Renew ON slider.
- Type your order number and password, then click Find.
Note: Your order number and password can be found in your order confirmation email.
- Click Manage Subscription.
- Select Off for Automatic Renewals.
I received an Order Confirmation Email stating that my license was auto-renewed and noticed that the billing address needs to be changed. How do I change it?
What should I do if my license remains expired even after I sign up for Auto-Renewal?
Will the Automatic Renewal be cancelled if I uninstall Trend Micro Home Network Security from my device?
I received an email saying there is an issue processing the Auto-Renewal because of my credit card, What should I do?
What should I do if I received an “Auto Renewal Failed” notification email from Trend Micro?
- Your credit card has expired or the details are not correct and should be updated.
- Your preauthorization has failed. Authorization hold is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done through a debit or credit card. This held balance will be unavailable until either of the following:
- The merchant clears the transaction or settlement.
- The hold "falls off".
- Contact Digital River, Trend Micro's online reseller and merchant of record, regarding your credit card account:
- Australia: 1-300-730-160
- New Zealand: 0-800-507-902
- Check if your credit card account needs to be updated with Digital River.
- Contact your bank regarding the issue.