Frequently Asked Questions
New Features and Enhancements
Listed below are the new features of Dr. Cleaner:
- Redesigned the whole product to make it even more effective and easier to use than before.
- Improved memory optimization logic. Now you can save even more memory.
- Improved management of large files.
- Added “Quick Clean” that can be launched from the status bar menu.
- Added German language support. Thanks to Peter Battermann for providing a German translation for Dr. Cleaner.
- Added Spanish language support. Thanks to Iván Marinkovic for providing a Spanish translation for Dr. Cleaner.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Dr. Cleaner requires an internet connection. It uses an Internet connection for downloading and installing the program online, receiving updates, and sending Trend Micro URL/web queries and logs to Support.
|Operating Systems||Mac 10.9 (Mavericks) and higher|
|Disk Space||1.5 GB of available hard disk space|
|Other||3G/4G (LTE) | Wi-Fi Internet Connection|
Dr. Cleaner’s automatic memory optimization occurs whenever you quit a memory-intensive application that uses more than 2.5% of physical memory in your Mac. To view automatic memory optimization in action:
- Open a number of memory-intensive apps, perhaps with large documents, so you can perform some edits—or if it’s a browser, do some browsing.
- Click the Memory Optimizer icon in the Apple Menu to view Apps Using Significant Memory.
- Pick a memory-intensive app and close it.
- If the app meets the criterion for notification, Memory Optimizer will inform you with a notice of the memory automatically cleaned by Dr. Cleaner.
- Click the Memory Optimizer icon to display the drop-down window. The Memory Optimizer window appears.
- Click the Optimization Wheel. The wheel spins as Memory Optimizer optimizes your Mac’s memory.
- When the optimization is complete, the Optimization Wheel momentarily displays how much memory was saved; then the new current memory usage is displayed.
- Click the Memory Optimization icon in the Apple Menu. The Memory Optimizer drop-down screen is displayed.
- Click the Disk Cleaner icon in the Memory Optimization screen. The Disk Cleaner screen is displayed.
- The Disk Cleaner screen allows you to Find Junk or Find Big Files.
- Click the Find Junk button.
- Dr. Cleaner’s Disk Cleaner scan scans your disk for junk, providing a circular indicator of its progress.
- When the scan is complete, Disk Cleaner displays a detailed listing of Total Garbage found, with calculations of the amount(s) that you’ll save by cleaning.
- Check or uncheck items for cleaning.
- Click the Details button for the Trash Can to display items for cleaning and their sizes.
- Check particular items to clean, then click OK.
- Click the Details button for Browser Caches to display which caches can be cleaned.
- Check caches to be cleaned, then click OK.
- Click the Details button for Application Caches to display which caches can be cleaned.
- Check or uncheck items, or click Unselect to unselect all items, then click OK.
- Back in the main Disk Cleaner screen, click Clean to start the clean.
- A progress wheel shows you the progress of the cleaning.
- When the clean is complete, Disk Cleaner shows you the amount of disk spaced you’ve saved, along with a listing of the types of files and the amounts that have been cleaned.
- Back in the main Disk Cleaner screen,click Find Big Files.
- As before, Disk Cleaner will scan your disk for files to be cleaned.
- When the scan is complete, a screen appears with a listing of all the big files it has found that are over 100MBs.
- Check the checkboxes of the big files you wish to delete, then click Permanently Delete.
- A dialog appears, asking Are you sure you want to permanently delete the selected files? If you click “Yes,” the files will be permanently deleted and unrecoverable.
- If you sure you want to delete the files, click Yes.
- Dr. Cleaner’s Disk Clean scans your disk and deletes the files that you have chosen.
- When the big files have been cleaned, Disk Cleaner shows you how much space you have cleaned from your disk.
Dr. Cleaner supports the Mac VoiceOver utility. Users who are visually impaired can use the Mac VoiceOver utility to help them navigate through the features and commands of Dr. Cleaner.
You can download a copy of Dr. Cleaner Product Guide by clicking the Download Product Guide button below: