Scanning your computer using Trend Micro HouseCall (For Home Users)
- Solution ID:1105881
- Last Updated:May. 10, 2018 8:41 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus for Mac - 2018, Antivirus for Mac - 2017, Antivirus for Mac - 2015, Antivirus for Mac - 2016;Antivirus+ Security - 2015;2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Using Housecall | Trend Micro Security
Download and use HouseCall to scan your computer for malware.
Download HouseCall and save it to your desktop.
Click Run. The HouseCall window will appear, wait for HouseCall to download the necessary components to run on your computer.
- Read the license agreement.
Select I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click the Scan Type tab.
Tick the type of scan you want to run, then click OK.
Below are the different scan types:
- Quick Scan
The program runs a quick check on areas where malicious software (malware) is most likely to be found.
- Full System Scan
The program thoroughly checks all files and folders in your computer for viruses and spyware.
- Custom Scan
The program allows you to select which files and folders you want to scan.
- Quick Scan
Click Scan Now.
Wait for the scan to finish. A summary of threats found on your computer and the actions taken against detected malware is displayed.
- After scan is finished, click the X button on the upper right corner of the window to close.
Download Housecall for Mac.
- Open Housecall.dmg.
Click and drag the Housecall file to the Applications folder.
Open the Housecall application.
Click Open when a warning window appears.
Wait for Housecall to complete the initialization process.
Read the End User License Agreement, then select I agree.
Click Scan Now and wait for the scan to finish.
Click Exit once the scan is complete.