"Restart Required" message appears when installing updates for your Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID:1104935
- Last Updated:Jun. 08, 2018 8:21 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2015;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- "Restart required" | Pop-up Error Message | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following error message when your Trend Micro Security software checks for updates:
Please restart your computer to finish installing the latest program update."
This message appears when your Operating System needs to be launched again in order to implement updates for the components of your Trend Micro security software.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
If this is the first time you encountered this message, simply restart your computer for the updates to be installed completely. Do the following:
- Save your work before closing any programs on the computer.
- Click Restart Now.
If you still see the notification after restarting your computer multiple times, run and install the hotfix provided below.
Do the following:
- Make sure that your Trend Micro Security program has not started running any scans or receiving any updates.
Click the button below to download the hotfix:Download Hotfix
- Double-click the Ti_1200_win_en_AMSP55_hfb1404.exe icon to run the hotfix.
- Accept the License Agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- When a warning window appears, click Yes.
- Restart your computer.
Need Additional Help?
Monday to Friday (5AM - 8PM PST)
Monday to Friday (7AM - 7PM Sydney Time)
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:30 GMT
Monday to Friday (8AM - 5PM Local Time)
Monday to Friday (8AM – 5PM Manila Time)
Monday to Friday (9AM – 9PM India Time)