Reducing your computer's startup time using Trend Micro Security software for Windows
- Solution ID: 1104937
- Last Updated: Oct. 12, 2017 7:00 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2016;2015;2017;2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Reducing your computer's startup time | Trend Micro Security
Longer startup time of computers are commonly caused by multiple programs trying to start up at the same time. These programs can automatically add themselves in your computer's startup list during installation.
Below are some programs that you can remove manually from your computer's startup list:
- iTunes Helper
- Apple Push
- Adobe Reader
- Google Chrome
- Spotify Web Helper
- CyberLink YouCam
- Evernote Clipper
- Microsoft Office
Find out how to delay the startup programs from running to help your computer start faster using Trend Micro Security.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
This feature is only applicable for Internet Security, Maximum Security and Premium Security subscriptions.
This feature is only applicable for computers running on Windows Operating System.
To reduce your computer's startup time, do the following:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
Click Start next to PC Health Checkup.
After the scan, click Show Details on the scan results window.
Click Make optional improvements opposite Reduce Computer Startup Time.
Select the program/s you want to delay from starting up. Click Reduce.
The improvements done is shown. Click Back.
- Restart your computer. The selected programs will be delayed on startup.