"Installation Stopped... Upgrade Internet Explorer" error message appears when installing Trend Micro Security software
- Solution ID: 1104232
- Last Updated: Mar. 14, 2018 1:44 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2015;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- "Installation Stopped... Upgrade Internet Explorer" error | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following error message when installing your Trend Micro Security program:
Your computer does not meet all of the installation requirements, so the installer must stop. Please make the following changes and try again:
Upgrade Internet Explorer"
The installation stopped because a lower version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer or your computer's operating system has already reached its End-of-Support.
For more information, refer to this Microsoft Knowledge Base article: Microsoft Windows Lifecycle Fact Sheet.
To resolve the issue, upgrade your Internet Explorer to the latest version by performing a Windows Update. Do the following:
- Perform Windows Update. Check this Microsoft article for instructions: How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows.
If you encounter any problems while running a Windows Update, contact Microsoft's Technical Support for assistance.
FOR WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA USERS:
Microsoft has formally announced Windows XP (April 8, 2014) and Windows Vista (April 11, 2017) end of support. Because Microsoft no longer fixes issues on Windows XP and Windows Vista, it has become increasingly difficult for Trend Micro to keep users safe on these operating systems. We encourage all of our users to upgrade their PCs to a more modern operating system which will provide greater stability and security.
- Try installing your Trend Micro Security software again.