Trend Micro Security software turns on and off automatically
You encounter the following issues with your Trend Micro Security program:
- Trend Micro Security program restarts automatically every time you click the About this software button to update the program.
- The console randomly shuts down every 5 to 10 minutes.
- Trend Micro Security program keeps turning itself off.
To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Uninstall conflicting software
Uninstall or delete the other security programs or incompatible software installed on your computer. Do the following:
Click the button below to download the OpenControlPanel.exe:
- Right-click the OpenControlPanel.exe icon, then choose Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- The Programs and Features window will appear, and the page with the list of incompatible software.
- From the Programs and Features window, select the program you wish to remove, then click Remove or Uninstall.
- Wait for the program to be uninstalled, then restart your computer.
If you encounter any problems with the uninstallation process, contact the software manufacturer's support team.
- Make sure your computer meets the System Requirements
To check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements, refer to this Knowledge Base Article: System Requirements for Trend Micro Security.
- Reinstall/Upgrade your Trend Micro Security software
To reinstall your Trend Micro Security Software, refer to this Knowledge Base article: Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program.
Last Updated: Oct. 16, 2017 1:11 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1058877