"App is not optimized for your Mac" error message
You may have received a pop-up message saying "App is not optimized for your Mac" after upgrading your operating system to MacOS version 10.13.4.
This message appears because Antivirus for Mac will need to be updated to improve compatibility with the new operating system when it is released in the Fall of 2018. Trend Micro will release a version of Antivirus for Mac that is compatible with the next version of macOS before it is released to ensure that you have continuous protection for your Mac.
To check that you have the latest version of Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac, do the following:
- On the "App is not optimized for you Mac" window, click OK.
- On the Menu bar, click the Trend Micro Antivirus icon.
- Click Update now. Wait for the update to finish.
- On the Menu bar, click the Trend Micro Antivirus icon, then click Scan now.
- Your Antivirus for Mac should be working properly.
Note: Trend Micro will be releasing a 64-bit compatible version of Antivirus for Mac to comply with the next MacOS requirements. Trend Micro Security upgrade is free, and we encourage you to get the latest version.