"Protection Disabled" error message appears when opening the Trend Micro program on OS X El Capitan or MacOS Sierra
You installed the following Trend Micro programs, then you upgrade your MacOS to OS X El Capitan or MacOS Sierra:
- Smart Surfing for Mac
- Titanium Internet Security 2013 and 2014
- Antivirus for Mac 2015, 2016 and 2017
This version of Trend Micro Titanium is not compatible with current release version of Mac OS. Please upgrade to the latest version of Titanium."
This happens because your Trend Micro Security is not compatible with the latest version of your MacOS.
- The latest version of Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac that supports OS X El Capitan or MacOS Sierra is now available to download and install.
- This solution also applies to Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac purchased from Best Buy.
- Click here to login. A login account window will appear.
- Type your email and password, then click Sign in.
The Product Panel window will appear on the right side of your browser showing your serial number and its expiration date. Take note of the serial number.
- Click Go > Applications from the upper left of your desktop.
- Open the Trend Micro folder.
- Run Trend Micro Titanium Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Click Uninstall.
- Type in your Mac login password, then click OK.
- Download the disk image (.DMG) or installer file, then save it to your desktop.
- Open the Antivirus for Mac installer.
- Click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- Click Open on the security warning to continue the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Continue.
- Click Agree when prompted to accept the License Agreement.
You can click Disagree if you do not agree with the terms of the License Agreement but this will automatically terminate the installation process.
- Type your serial number on the field provided, then click Continue.
You can find the serial number from the CD sleeve or Order Confirmation email.
If you want to install the trial version, select Start a free trial of Trend Micro Antivirus, then click Continue.
- Click Install .
- Type your administrator password, then click Install Software.
The administrator password is created when you first set up your Mac operating system.
Wait while the Trend Micro components are installed onto your Mac.
- Provide your email address, then click Continue.
- Click Close after the installation is done.
- Click the Trend Micro icon on the menu bar.
- Select Update Now.
Last Updated: Sep. 17, 2017 11:16 PM (PST)
Solution ID: 1112430