"Unable to Install Trend Micro Antivirus" error message appears when installing Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac
You encounter the following error message when installing Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac:
Unable to Install Trend Micro Antivirus. You must remove the security software below from your Mac before installing Trend Micro Antivirus."
This happens when there is another security software installed in your Mac. Having two or more security software running at the same time can slow down system performance and can cause unexpected system error.
To resolve the issue, uninstall the conflicting software. Follow the steps below:
Open the Applications folder by doing any of the following:
- Click Go > Applications.
- Right-click or control-click the Applications folder on the Dock, then select Open Applications.
- Open your Hard Drive, then click the Applications folder on the left pane.
- Type "Application" in the Spotlight field, then press Return.
Look for the conflicting software shown in the error message, then drag and drop into the Trash icon.
Here is the full list of programs to be removed:
- Avast! Antivirus Mac Edition
- AVG AntiVirus
- AVG LinkScanner
- Avira Mac Security
- Bitdefender Antivirus
- Bitdefender Virus Scanner
- Comodo Antivirus for Mac
- Dr. Web for MacOSX
- ESET Endpoint Security
- Hotspot Shield
- Intego Internet Security
- Intego NetBarrier
- Intego VirusBarrier
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Virus Scanner
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac
- McAfee Internet Security for Mac
- McAfee VirusScan for Mac
- Microworld eScan for Mac
- Norton AntiVirus for Mac
- Norton Internet Security for Mac
- PC Tools iAntiVirus
- ProtectWorks Antivirus
- Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X
- Virus Scanner Plus
- Webroot SecureAnywhere
- Type your administrator password on the field provided, then click OK.
If you encounter an issue when removing the conflicting software, contact the software manufacturer for support.