"Unable to Install Trend Micro Antivirus" error message appears when installing Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac
You encounter the following error message when installing Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac:
"Unable to Install Trend Micro Antivirus. You must remove the security software below from your Mac before installing Trend Micro Antivirus."
This happens when there is another security software installed in your Mac. Having two or more security software running at the same time can slow down system performance and can cause unexpected system error.
- Open the Applications folder by doing any of the following:
- Click Go > Applications.
- Right-click or control-click the Applications folder on the Dock, then select Open Applications.
- Open your Hard Drive, then click the Applications folder on the left pane.
- Type "Application" in the Spotlight field, then press Return.
- Look for the conflicting software shown in the error message, then drag and drop into the Trash icon.
Here is the full list of programs to be removed:
- Avast! Mac Edition 2.74
- ClamXav 1.1.1
- Intego VirusBarrierX5
- Intego NetBarrierX5
- Intego NetBarrierX4
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0
- MacScan 2.6
- McAfee VirusScan for Mac 8.6
- Norton Anti Virus 11 for Mac
- Norton Anti Virus 10 for Mac
- Norton Internet Security for Mac 4
- PC Tools iAntiVirus 1.0
- Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X 4.9
- Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac 2015
- Trend Micro Smart Surfing for Mac 1.5, 1.6
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2.0, 3.0
- Type your administrator password on the field provided, then click OK.
Note: If you encounter an issue when removing the conflicting software, contact the software manufacturer for support.
Last Updated: Dec. 15, 2016 12:06 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1111335