Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Auto-Renew
Auto-Renew (also known as AutoRenew or automatic renewal) is a service offered to Trend Micro customers who purchase online. For your convenience, it is designed to automatically renew your subscription right before it is due to expire, which means you will not have to manually perform the renewal process and risk a loss in protection at any time. Auto-renew customers also get priority version upgrades to the latest products. If you are not satisfied with this program, you can cancel anytime.
Advantages of having an Automatic Renewal plan:
- No worries in losing protection for any certain period of time.
- Automatic Renewal is a more convenient way in paying the annual subscription.
- Get automatic discounts based from the original price of the program.
- Cancel anytime if you are not satisfied.
Click on a question to view the answer:
OPTION 1: Via Trend Micro Account or Shopping Cart Page
- Go to Trend Micro Account.
- Type your email address and password, then click Sign In.
- If you forgot the registered email address but you have the serial number, click Forgot which address you used before?
- If you forgot the password, click Forgot password?
- If you are unable to disable the Auto-Renewal and the registered email address is already inactive, contact our Technical Support for assistance.
- Click the green Auto-Renew ON slider.
- Click Disable Now.
When you have successfully disabled Auto-Renew, you should see Renew Now.
OPTION 2: Via Digital River's findmyorder.com
- Go to findmyorder.com.
- Provide either of the following, then click Find:
- Your Order Number and password
- Your email address and the last five (5) digits of your credit card
- Click Cancel Auto-Renewal.
- Click Continue.
|Product||Regular Price||Charge Upon Auto-Renew|
|Maximum Security 1-year||$89.95||$80.96|
|Internet Security 1-year||$79.95||$71.96|
|Antivirus+ Security 1-year||$39.95||$35.96|
|Antivirus for Mac||$39.95||$35.96|
See How do I disable or cancel Auto-Renew? above.
- Your credit card has expired or the details are not correct and should be updated.
- Your preauthorization has failed. Authorization hold is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done through a debit or credit card. This held balance will be unavailable until either of the following:
- The merchant clears the transaction or settlement.
- The hold "falls off"?
- Contact Digital River, Trend Micro's online reseller and merchant of record, regarding your credit card account:
- USA/Canada: 1-952-646-5980
- Australia: 1-300-730-160
- New Zealand: 0-800-507-902
- Hong Kong: 800-900-570
- Taiwan: 00801-14-8878
- Other APAC: 800 1301-642
- Check if your credit card account needs to be updated with Digital River.
- Contact your bank regarding the issue.
- Cancel your existing Auto-Renewal subscription. See How do I disable or cancel Auto-Renew? .
- Wait for the confirmation email stating that you have been opted out of the auto-renew service.
- Perform a manual renewal online and provide a new credit card information.
You will need to renew the subscription before it expires to avail the discounted renewal price.
Last Updated: Jul. 25, 2017 12:27 PM (PST)
Solution ID: 1055073