Upgrading your Trend Micro Security for Mac to the latest version
BEFORE WE PROCEED: We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
- Click the Trend Micro icon on the upper right side of the menu bar.
- Click Open Trend Micro Internet Security on the list to open the Trend Micro program.
Click Subscription Expires at the lower right corner of the Trend Micro main console.The Subscription Information window will appear with your program information and Serial Number.
|Supported Web Browsers||
Antivirus for Mac needs an Internet connection for activating online, checking the expiration date, downloading updates (including program and pattern files) from Trend Micro, obtaining information about malicious software, or browsing pages on the Trend Micro website.
If you have a dial-up or other connection to the Internet that charges fees per connection, by the amount of time connected or for the amount of data downloaded, make sure your router or connection software does not automatically start a connection to support the features listed above to avoid extra connection fees. Follow your router's instructions to edit your router settings if necessary.
- Click Go > Application located in the upper-left of the Desktop.
- Select Trend Micro.
- Select Uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security.
- Click Uninstall.
- Enter your Mac credential if necessary.
- Download the disk image (.DMG) or installer file, then save it to your desktop.
- Open the Antivirus for Mac installer.
- Click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- Click Open on the security warning to continue the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Continue.
- Click Agree when prompted to accept the License Agreement.
Note: You can click Disagree if you do not agree with the terms of the License Agreement but this will automatically terminate the installation process.
- Type your serial number on the field provided, then click Continue.
Note: You can find the serial number from the CD sleeve or Order Confirmation email. If you want to install the trial version, select Start a free trial of Trend Micro Internet Security , then click Continue.
- Click Install .
- Type your administrator password, then click Install Software.
Note: The administrator password is created when you first set up your Mac operating system. Wait while the Trend Micro components are installed onto your Mac.
- Provide your email address, then click Continue.
- Click Close after the installation is done.
Last Updated: Sep. 13, 2017 1:45 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1054433