"The program can't start because api-ms-win-appmodel-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing..." error message appears when installing Password Manager
You are getting the following error message when trying to install Password Manager on Windows 7 computer.
"The program can't start because api-ms-win-appmodel-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
This happens when your computer's operating system does not have the necessary updates needed to install or run Password Manager. Refer to this Knowledge Base article for the requirements: System Requirements for Password Manager.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Click Start.
- On the Search box, type "Windows update", then click Windows Update from the Programs list. The Windows Update window should open.
- On the left pane, click Change settings.
- Under Important updates, select the option that you want.
- Under Recommended updates, select either of the check boxes below, then click OK:
- Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates
- Include recommended updates when downloading, installing, or notifying me about updates check box
Note: Windows update KB2999226 is required to install and run Trend Micro Password Manager. Download the Windows Update here.
- Click the button below to download the installer.
- Double-click TrendMicroPasswordManager_MUI.exe to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait as the installer extracts the files it needs, then click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
You have successfully installed the program once the Sign in to Your Trend Micro Account window appears.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- Click Next when the Introduction window appears.
- Fill up the needed information for your Master Password, then click Create.
- Click Open Password Manager to open the program.