[Hotfix] Trend Micro Privacy Scanner is not working on Google+ or LinkedIn
- Solution ID: 1117761
- Last Updated: Jul. 13, 2017 2:41 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2017;
- [Hotfix] Trend Micro Privacy Scanner is not working on Google+ or LinkedIn
You are unable to check the privacy settings for Google+ and/or LinkedIn on computers protected by Trend Micro Security version 11.x.
The issue happens because a recent change in the Document Object Model (DOM) structure of Google+ and LinkedIn prevents the Privacy Checker of the Trend Micro Security Toolbar from working normally.
To resolve the issue, enable the Trend Micro Security Toolbar using the new Google+ and LinkedIn setting by installing this hotfix.
Follow the steps below:
BEFORE YOU PROCEED
- This hotfix is ONLY applicable for the Internet Explorer web browser.
- To install this hotfix, you must log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges. If you have installed software on your computer before, you probably have these privileges.
- We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
- Click the button below to download the hotfix:
- Double-click the Ti_1100_win_en_Toolbar_hfb1076.exe icon to run it.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control appears.
- Choose I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- When a warning window appears, click OK .
- Restart your computer.