Installing Maximum Security 2017
Learn how to download, install, and activate Maximum Security 2017 on your computers.
The solution is also applicable to the following scenarios:
- Your computer does not have a CD drive.
- You do not have or lost your Trend Micro CD installer.
- Your download link from the order confirmation email has already expired.
GOT A SECOND? Help us improve our Help and Support Center by taking this quick survey!
|Windows XP||Windows Vista||Windows 7||Windows 8 |
|Operating System Version||
On April 8th, 2014, Microsoft formally announced the Windows XP end of support. Because Microsoft no longer fixes issues on Windows XP, it has become increasingly difficult for Trend Micro to keep users safe on this operating system. We encourage all of our users to upgrade their PCs to a more modern operating system which will provide greater stability and security. You can refer to this article for more information.
|(32 or 64-bit)
SP2 or higher
|(32 or 64-bit)
SP1 or higher
|(32 or 64-bit)
Note: Windows RT is not supported.
|(32 or 64-bit)|
|Note: These processors support SSE2 Instruction Set.|
|Free Disk Space||1.3 GB
(1.5 GB recommended)
|Internet Connection||Broadband or equivalent high speed connection is highly recommended.|
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
- Double-click the TTi_11.0_HE_Full.exe to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Wait as Trend Micro checks if your computer is compatible for installation.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- If you forgot your Trend Micro Serial Number, check your serial number and subscription by logging on to your Trend Micro Account.
- If you receive the error message "Invalid Serial Number", refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions: “Invalid Serial Number” error message appears when activating Trend Micro Security program.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Provide a computer name, then click Next.
- Type your email address, then click Next.
- Fill out the Account Information window, then click Next.
- Check the information that you provided, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- After activating, you will see the main console of Trend Micro Security.
Your protection upon installation is configured for optimum protection so you don't need to do anything.
- Download the disk image (.DMG) or installer file, then save it to your desktop.
- Open the Antivirus for Mac installer.
- Click Install Trend Micro Antivirus.
- Click Open on the security warning to continue the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Continue.
- Click Agree when prompted to accept the License Agreement.
You can click Disagree if you do not agree with the terms of the License Agreement but this will automatically terminate the installation process.
- Type your serial number on the field provided, then click Continue.
You can find the serial number from the CD sleeve or Order Confirmation email.
If you want to install the trial version, select Start a free trial of Trend Micro Antivirus, then click Continue.
- Click Install .
- Type your administrator password, then click Install Software.
The administrator password is created when you first set up your Mac operating system. Wait while the Trend Micro components are installed onto your Mac.
- Provide your email address, then click Continue.
- Click Close after the installation is done.
Last Updated: Feb. 20, 2017 11:15 PM (PST)
Solution ID: 1115039