"Disallowed Key Characters" error message appears when accessing Trend Micro Account
- Solution ID:1114023
- Last Updated:Jul. 18, 2018 1:06 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;Antivirus+ Security - 2017;Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Password Manager - All;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- "Disallowed Key Characters" | Error Message | Trend Micro Account
You receive the following error message when accessing your Trend Micro Account:
"Disallowed Key Characters"
This problem happens on the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
As a workaround, clear your web browser's cache. Do the following depending on your web browser:
To delete the files in the Temporary Internet Files folder (or cache) in Internet Explorer, do either of the following:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Open field, type "inetcpl.cpl", then press ENTER. The Internet Properties window should open.
- Under the General tab, click Delete... under Browsing History.
The Delete Browsing History window will appear.
- Put a check on the following checkboxes:
- Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies and website data
- Click Delete.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm to delete cache, then click OK.
To delete Temporary Internet Files folder (or cache) in Microsoft Edge, follow the steps below:
- Click the Hub on the Microsoft Edge menu, then select History.
- Select Clear all history
- Choose the types of data you want to remove from your PC, then select Clear.
- If you use Cortana and want to clear browsing history that's stored in the cloud, select Change what Microsoft Edge knows about me in the cloud, then select Clear browsing history.
To delete Temporary Internet Files folder (or cache) in Google Chrome, follow the steps below:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the items that you want to remove.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete.
- Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
To delete the files in the Temporary Internet Files folder (or cache) in Mozilla Firefox, follow the steps below:
- Open your Firefox browser.
- Click Tools, then select Options.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Network tab.
- Click Clear Now in the Offline Storage section.
- Click OK to close the Options window.