Enabling the Firewall Booster feature of Trend Micro Security
- Solution ID:1107553
- Last Updated:Dec. 05, 2018 9:50 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016, Antivirus+ Security - 2017, Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2019;Internet Security - 2016, Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016, 2017;2018;2019;Premium Security - 2016, Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Activating Firewall Booster | Trend Micro Security
The Firewall Booster feature of Trend Micro Security is intended to provide network vulnerability detection and anti-botnet protection and has these key features:
- Works with Windows Firewall, but runs independently
Enabling Firewall Booster does not enable the Windows Firewall, and Firewall Booster does not register itself to Windows Security Center (WSC).
- Link to Window Firewall provided within the configuration setting
- Works with third-party firewalls
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Generic Stream Scan (GSS)
- Botnet detection
- Manually block incoming and outgoing connections of programs with your Trend Micro Security
The Firewall Booster is automatically activated for increased network security. This means that you do not have to deal with complicated settings. Trend Micro's latest version is simply security made easy!
To enable the Firewall Booster, follow the steps below:
- Open the main console of Trend Micro Security by doing any of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray (near the clock).
- Click Settings.
- Click Internet and E-mail Controls, then click Network.
- Enable the tickbox for Activate the Firewall Booster to enhance the protection given by the Windows Firewall and detect botnet programs that can hijack your computer by remote control.
- Click Apply, then click OK.