Home & Home Office Support
Downloading and using Trend Micro™ Anti-Ransomware Tool
- Scenario 1: Lock Screen ransomware is blocking “normal mode”, but “safe mode” with networking is still accessible.
- Scenario 2: Lock Screen ransomware is blocking both “normal mode” and “safe mode” with networking.
Download the Trend Micro™ Anti-Ransomware Tool (scenario 1)
- Go to Safe mode with Networking.
- Download the AntiRansomware Tool and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click AR20_build14.exe to run it.
Note: This tool can be installed on Safe Mode with Networking. Also through USB on Regular Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Click Install to start extracting the AntiRansomware tool.
Note: For Windows XP users, make sure to uncheck Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity before running the tool.
- Once AntiRansomware has been installed, restart your computer and go to normal mode where the screen is locked by the ransomware.
- Trigger the AntiRansomeware Tool by pressing the following keys: Left CTRL + ALT + T + I.
Note: The key press should be done on the client’s keyboard and not from support side (Remote Control/LMI). In some cases, the key press may need to be done more than once.
- The screen lock should terminate and the AntiRansomware screen should appear.
- Click Scan to scan the computer for any ransomware files.
- Review and select the threats that you have verified to be malicious then press Clean.
- Click Reboot to restart the computer.
Download the Trend Micro™ Anti-Ransomware Tool (scenario 2)
- On a working or non-infected computer, download Anti-Ransomware Tool (USB) and save it to your desktop.
- Extract the contents of AR4USB_build11.rar.
- Insert a USB drive.
- Double-click ARUSBMaker.exe to install the package.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Select the USB drive then click Create.
Important: This will erase all the contents of the USB drive.
- Insert the USB drive on the infected computer.
- Boot the infected computer from the USB drive.
If the USB drive is detected, you will see this text on your screen while the computer is restarting:If the USB drive is not detected, do any the following:
- Insert the USB to another USB port and restart the computer.
- Make sure that the USB is properly inserted.
- Try using another USB.
Last Updated: Jun. 20, 2016 12:37 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1105975