Reclassifying URL or website in Trend Micro Site Safety Center for Home Users
- Solution ID:1105972
- Last Updated:Sep. 28, 2018 9:25 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus for Mac - 2016;Antivirus for Mac - 2017;Antivirus for Mac - 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2018, 2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Requesting Website Reclassification | Trend Micro Security
Individuals or site owners who feel that a website has a wrong rating or is classified incorrectly by Trend Micro can visit Site Safety Center to have the website reclassified. Site Safery Center allows you to verify the rating and category of a website and request for reclassification via the "Give Feedback" link. For more information about how Trend Micro Web Reputation Services work, you may visit Information about Trend Micro Web Reputation Services.
To request for website reclassification, do the following:
- Go to Trend Micro Site Safety Center.
Type the URL or website that you want to reclassify, then click Check Now.
Click Reclassify Request.
- Choose the Safety Rating.
- If you believe that the website was mistakenly rated as unsafe, choose Safe.
If the website is malicious, choose Dangerous.
- Choose the website category.
If you believe that the site is mistakenly categorized, do the following to suggest a different category:
Click Suggest a different category, then click Select.
The Suggest a different category window will open.
Choose the appropriate category for the website.
To see the details and select what category to choose, click About our Safety Ratings.
- Introduce yourself.
- If you own the website that you are requesting for reclassification, choose I own the website.
If you are a Trend Micro customer, click I am a Trend Micro customer.
Fill out the comments box if you have any other suggestions that are not in the form.
For Trend Micro customers, include your subscription's serial number.
Type your email address and the verification words, then click OK.
Shortly, you will be receiving a validation link on your email to confirm the website reclassification request.
- Check your inbox and verify the request. Upon verification, wait for a response from the Trend Micro Web Reputation Services team if the request has been processed.