Scanning your computer using Trend Micro HouseCall (For Home Users)
- Solution ID: 1105881
- Last Updated: Sep. 24, 2017 11:24 PM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus for Mac - 2018, Antivirus for Mac - 2017, Antivirus for Mac - 2015, Antivirus for Mac - 2016;Antivirus+ Security - 2015;2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Using Housecall | Trend Micro Security
Download and use HouseCall to scan your computer for malware.
Download HouseCall and save it to your desktop.
- Click Run.
The HouseCall window will appear, wait for HouseCall to download the necessary components to run on your computer.
- Read the license agreement.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Scan Type tab.
- Tick the type of scan you want to run, then click OK.
Below are the different scan types:
- Quick Scan
The program runs a quick check on areas where malicious software (malware) is most likely to be found.
- Full System Scan
The program thoroughly checks all files and folders in your computer for viruses and spyware.
- Custom Scan
The program allows you to select which files and folders you want to scan.
- Quick Scan
- Click Scan Now.
Wait for the scan to finish. A summary of threats found on your computer and the actions taken against detected malware is displayed.
- Click the X button on the upper right corner of the window to close.
Download Housecall for Mac.
- Open Housecall.dmg.
- Click and drag the Housecall file to the Applications folder.
- Open the Housecall application.
- Click Open when a warning window appears.
Wait for Housecall to complete the initialization process.
- Read the End User License Agreement, then select I agree.
- Click Scan Now and wait for the scan to finish.
- Click Exit once the scan is complete.