Using the Trend Micro Toolbar feature of Trend Micro Security
This articles informs you about the Trend Micro Toolbar and how it provides you additional protection.
- Click the Chrome Web Store icon below to find the Trend Micro Toolbar in the webstore.
- The webstore will open in a new tab. Click the Add to Chrome button to download the Trend Micro Toolbar.
- Click Add when the Confirm New Extension window appears. A notification saying "Trend Micro Toolbar has been added to Chrome" will appear.
Once you see this notification, it means you have successfully installed the Trend Micro Toolbar.
If you keep getting the message even after enabling the extension, click Don't show this again.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- On the upper right hand corner, click the gear icon
- Click Manage add-ons.
- Click Trend Micro Security Toolbar, then click Enable.
- Select all Trend Micro toolbars, then click Enable.
Make sure to tick the following checkboxes before clicking Enable:
- Trend Micro Security Toolbar Helper
- Trend Micro Network Filter Plugin
- Trend Micro IE Protection
- Click Close.
The Trend Micro Toolbar will now be enabled and visible.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the Settings button near the top-right corner.
- Click Add-ons.
- Click the Extensions tab.
- Click the Enable button for the following:
- Trend Micro BEP Firefox Extension. This extension protects you by analyzing content on websites that you visit. It detects and blocks malicious code from running.
- Trend Micro Osprey Extension. This extension check the safety of websites, hyperlinks, and wireless network connections.
- Trend Micro Toolbar. This extension see links to risky websites at a glance and prevents accidental access of malicious websites.
- Click the Restart Now link to restart Mozilla Firefox.
The Trend Micro Toolbar will be shown on the upper-left side, once Mozilla Firefox has restarted.
- Close the Add-ons Manager tab.
|Safe||Trend Micro considers this page safe. It does not pose a risk to your security.|
|Suspicious||Trend Micro has found that this page could pose a security risk. Avoid the site if possible, or exercise caution if you do open it.|
|Dangerous||Trend Micro has identified this page as dangerous. It may contain hidden malicious software, or shows signs of involvement in "phishing," a kind of fraud in which fake websites mimic legitimate ones to steal information.|
|Blocked||You have decided to block this page.|
|Trusted||You have decided to trust this page, but Trend Micro has not confirmed this rating.|
|Untested||Trend Micro has not yet tested this page. It may use an unsupported protocol (something other than HTTP or HTTPS).|
|No Response||Unable to contact the page rating system. Check your Internet connection and proxy server settings.|
|Rate links on web pages||Shows ratings for links on search results, social networking sites, and web-based email websites.|
|Rate links on mouseover||Rates links on regular webpages whenever you pause your mouse cursor over the link for a moment.|
|Check your online privacy||Opens the Social Networking Privacy Scanner.|
|Settings||Shows the Web Threats settings.|
Last Updated: May. 04, 2017 1:35 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1105000