Configuring the Scheduled Scan of Trend Micro Security
- Solution ID:1104997
- Last Updated:Mar. 26, 2018 1:05 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2015;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Configuring Scheduled Scans | Trend Micro Security
This article provides information on how to configure the Scheduled Scans on your computer.
The following are the types of Scheduled Scans:
- Smart Schedule - Scheduled Scan will automatically start at an appropriate time based on your recent computer usage.
- Set a specific schedule - Scheduled Scan can be configured to run every day, once a week, or once a month depending on your preference. You can also choose the type of scan:
- Quick scan - Checks operating system files and other key locations where malicious software tends to hide. It pays careful attention to programs that have characteristics associated with known threats, like the ability to launch automatically. This scan generally finishes fairly quickly, especially if you have a powerful computer.
- Full scan - Checks all files in all folders on all drives connected directly to your computer, apart from network drives. Although it takes longer, this scan is very thorough.
The Trend Micro Security software will run a Quick Scan by default if you do not make a choice.
When scheduling a scan, choose a time when you would probably have the computer switched on, but not in use. Friday at noon might be convenient, for example.
To configure the scheduled scan, do the following:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
- Click on the Device tab.
- Click on Configure.
- Click on Security & Tuneup Controls, then click on Scheduled Scans.
- Select the type of schedule.
- Click Apply, then click OK.