Using the Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool
- Solution ID:1104912
- Last Updated:May. 10, 2018 2:38 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2017;2015;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2018;
- Using Remnant File Remover Tool | Trend Micro Security
You are repeatedly prompted to restart your computer when installing the latest version of Trend Micro Security. This can happen if there are remnants of the previously installed Trend Micro Security software.
This hotfix removes any leftover Trend Micro files from affected computers so that you can successfully install the latest version of your Trend Micro Security Software.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
To install this tool, you must log onto your computer using an account with administrator privileges. If you have installed software on your computer before, you probably have these privileges.
We recommend that you print out this document or bookmark this page before proceeding because you will be asked to restart your computer during the procedure.
To run the Remnant File Remover Tool, do the following:
Download the Remnant Remover Tool by clicking the download button below:
- Double-click Ti_120_win_en_Tool_TMRemnantFileRemoveTool_hfb0001.exe to run the tool.
- Click I agree on the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.