Symptoms of an infected computer
- Solution ID: 1104650
- Last Updated: Oct. 17, 2017 1:59 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus for Mac - 2015;2016;2017, 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2015;Antivirus+ Security - 2016;Antivirus+ Security - 2017;Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Checking if your computer is infected | Trend Micro Security
In this article, you will learn how to determine if your computer is infected by a malware.
- You cannot move your mouse.
- No response from the keyboard when you are working on a document.
- The program you are using does not respond anymore.
- Your computer crashes and restarts frequently.
- The computer does not run normally after it restarts.
- Your computer boots up slower than usual.
- It takes longer to start using your computer to open programs or files.
When browsing the Internet, you encounter annoying pop-ups such as advertisements, driver errors, lottery, games, etc.
- Programs on your computer doesn't work correctly and you receive a pop-up warning like “critical file is missing” or "the program cannot start because ... is missing".
- Some of the files you created, such as images or documents, are gone.
- Your disk space suddenly doubles or triples in size without you doing anything.
- Files are duplicated.
There are toolbars on your web browsers that were not there before.
When you try going to a certain website, you are redirected to a different one.
You hear unusual sounds on your computer, but there are no programs or no applications are opened.
While using your computer, you receive pop-up messages telling you that your computer has been infected and you need to purchase an antivirus application to resolve the issue.
- Task Manager
- Registry Editor
- System Configuration
- Other Windows Services/Applications