Setting up the Trend Micro program password
- Solution ID:1104549
- Last Updated:May. 09, 2018 9:31 PM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2015;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Set up the password | Trend Micro Security
This article provides instructions on how to setup the password for your Trend Micro Security program.
A password protects access to your security software and safeguards some of its features. When you set a password, anyone who wants to shut down or uninstall the software must provide the correct password.
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray, then click Open the Main Console.
- Click Settings or the gear icon.
This will open the Protection Settings window.
- Click Other Settings.
- Click Password.
- Tick Enable password protection to prevent unauthorized changes.
- Type the password that you want to use. Make sure to retype it in the Confirm password field. Provide hints to remember your password.
- Setting the Trend Micro program password does not affect the password of your Trend Micro Account.
- Make sure to provide a valid email address where you can receive your password if you forget it later.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
- Your password must have between 8 and 50 characters.
- You can use any combination of simple letters and numbers (A-Z, a-z, and 0-9).
- The password system recognizes the difference between upper case letters and lower case letters.
- Your password may not include the following characters:
- Umlaut (Ä, ä, and others) or foreign language characters (such as Chinese, Korean, or Japanese characters)
- Shortcut keys, such as Ctrl+C or Ctrl+V