Activating Trend Micro Security using a new serial number
- Solution ID: 1104396
- Last Updated: Mar. 21, 2018 1:16 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2015;2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Activate Using New Serial Number | Trend Micro Security
This article shows you how to activate your Trend Micro Security software using a new serial number.
This is done when:
- You are activating from trial to full version.
- You are replacing an expired license with a new license.
To activate your Trend Micro Security, do the following:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software. Do either of the following:
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the Trend Micro icon on your system tray.
Note: If you cannot see the Trend Micro icon on your desktop, refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions: Restoring the missing desktop shortcut icon of your Trend Micro Security.
- Click the expiry date at the bottom of the main console.
- Click Change your serial number.
- Type your new serial number in the fields provided.
Note: If you get "Invalid Serial Number" message, refer to this Knowledge Base article for instructions: “Invalid Serial Number” error message appears when registering Trend Micro program.
- Click Next.
- Click Close.