Remaining subscription days not added to new Serial number
- Solution ID: 1104382
- Last Updated: Mar. 20, 2018 3:01 AM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus+ Security - 2015;2016;2017;2018;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;
- Lost Subscription Days after purchase | Trend Micro Security
You purchased a renewal online or from a retail store but upon activation of your new serial number, the remaining days from your previous serial number was not added to your new serial number.
This happens because a new serial number is a new subscription.
- If you purchased online, you may have purchased a new subscription instead of renewal or you may have upgraded or downgraded your subscription (e.g., from Antivirus+ to Maximum Security (vice-versa) or from 5-seat to 3-seat license (vice-versa)).
- If you purchased from a retail store, this will automatically be a new subscription since every box of Trend Micro Security has a new serial number.
- We recommend that you click the Renew button from your Trend Micro software:
- Open the main console of your Trend Micro Security software by double-clicking the icon on your desktop or system tray (near the clock).
- Click the Expiry date.
- Click Renew.
This will open your web browser and take you to a page where you can purchase the renewal.
- On the web page, select the product that you currently have and the period of renewal that you would like to purchase (e.g. 1 or 2 years).
Selecting another security product or choosing to add more devices, will upgrade your subscription wherein you'll be provided with a new serial number.
- Since this will be a new subscription, wait until your current subscription expires before changing to your new serial number.
- Before changing to your new serial number, check the name of the Trend Micro program as indicated on the box and the disc if it's the same with the one installed in your computer.
- If they think they same, click the expiry date on the main console, then click Change Serial Number on the Subscription Information window.
- If they're different, insert the disc to change your software to the correct software for the new serial number.
To get the lost subscription days transferred to your new serial number, prepare the following details, then contact our Technical Support:
- Order Number (For online purchase)
- Old Serial Number
- New Serial Number
- Email Address
Technical Support Page: Contact Support.