"Protection Disabled" error message appears when opening the main console of your Trend Micro Security program
You receive the following error message when opening the main console of your Trend Micro Security program:
This issue occurs due to the following scenarios:
- The computer affected has been removed from your subscription license.
- There are conflicting software installed on your computer.
- There are Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA) and/or malware on your computer.
- The program failed to download and install updates.
- On the Trend Micro main console, click the Activate Now button.
- Provide a computer name, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- At the bottom right-hand corner of your desktop, right-click on the Trend Micro system tray icon.
- Select Check for Program Updates.
The About Your Software window will appear and will automatically check for available updates.
- Click Close once the download is complete or if there are no new avaible updates.
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
- Double-click the installer to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Click Yes when asked to remove the old program version.
- Click Restart Now when prompted to restart your computer.
After restarting, the installation will resume and will prompt for your serial number.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Click Finish.
Last Updated: Jul. 21, 2017 5:05 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1104238