Enabling the Trend Micro Toolbar in Google Chrome
- Solution ID:1104223
- Last Updated:Sep. 26, 2018 5:17 AM (PST)
- Applies to:Antivirus+ Security - 2016;2015;2017;2018;2019;Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2015;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2019;Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2015;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2019;Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2015;Premium Security - 2017;Premium Security - 2018;Premium Security - 2019;
- Enabling TM Toolbar in Google Chrome | Trend Micro Security
You receive the following notification from your Trend Micro Security software:
"To avoid spyware scams, and other online threats, please get the Trend Micro Toolbar for the Chrome browser."
This happens because Google Chrome released a security enhancement that automatically disables all third-party browser extensions which includes the Trend Micro Toolbar.
The Trend Micro Toolbar provides additional security by working with Google Chrome to provide safety ratings to websites when you do searches online. This allows you to check whether a link or website is either Safe, Suspicious or Dangerous before you access it.
This message appears if you recently installed your Trend Micro Security program or your Google Chrome has been upgraded to the latest version. Due to security updates applied to the latest version of Google Chrome, third-party extensions, including the Trend Micro extensions, can only be enabled by downloading them from the Google Chrome Web Store.
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
The Trend Micro Toolbar is not searchable in Google Chrome Web Store because it is intended only for customers with Trend Micro Security installed.
The only way to download the toolbar is by opening this page in Google Chrome and clicking this Chrome Webstore link.
Enabling the Trend Micro Toolbar is free.
If you are not using Google Chrome, click the Do not show this again link in the error message.
To enable the toolbar, do the following:
- Click the Chrome Web Store icon below to find the Trend Micro Toolbar in the webstore.
- The webstore will open in a new tab. Click the Add to Chrome button to download the Trend Micro Toolbar.
If the button says "Added to Chrome" instead of "Add to Chrome" it means that the Trend Micro Toolbar is already installed. You may proceed to this article if the Trend Micro Toolbar is still not yet enabled: Trend Micro Toolbar is missing in Google Chrome after installing Trend Micro Security program.
- Click Add when the Confirm New Extension window appears. A notification saying "Trend Micro Toolbar has been added to Chrome" will appear.
Once you see this notification, it means you have successfully installed the Trend Micro Toolbar.
If you keep getting the message even after enabling the extension, click Do not show this again.
The Trend Micro Toolbar is not searchable in Google Chrome Web Store because it is intended only for customers with Trend Micro security software. You can only download the toolbar if your Trend Micro security software is installed. You can get the Trend Micro Toolbar only by clicking the Chrome Web Store icon under Step 1 on How Do I Enable The Toolbar?.
The old Trend Micro Toolbar has 3 extensions and each has different functions. All functions will now be merged into one extension so you will not need to download 3 separate extensions from Google Chrome Web Store.
When you see two Trend Micro Toolbar icons in Google Chrome, just restart Google Chrome to remove one of the icons.