"Trend Micro Already Installed" message appears when upgrading from a lower version of Trend Micro Security software
You see the following error message when upgrading your Trend Micro Security software to the latest version:
Trend Micro Security Already Installed ...
You must remove version 10.0 before installing this software. Do you want to do that now?
This happens when you have previously installed the Trend Micro program.
- Download the Uninstall Tool by clicking the download button below:
- Double-click Ti_110_win_en_Tool_UninstallTool_hfb0001.exe to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
- Read the License Agreement, click I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Uninstall Software.
- Enter the captcha characters and click Continue.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
- Download the installer file to begin the installation.
Serial Number Starts with an 'X'Maximum SecuritySerial Number Starts with a 'P'Internet SecuritySerial Number Starts with an 'A'Antivirus+ Security
Note: If your serial number starts with "T", contact Best Buy or your Internet Service Provider, depending on where you got the product.
- Double-click the installer to run it.
Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
- Wait as Trend Micro checks if your computer is compatible for installation.
- Type your serial number, then click Next.
- If you forgot your Trend Micro Serial Number, check this Knowledge Base article: Finding your Trend Micro Security's serial number.
- If you get the error message "Invalid Serial Number", check this Knowledge Base article: “Invalid Serial Number” error message appears when registering Trend Micro program.
- Read the License Agreement, then click Agree and Install.
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Click Finish.
You will see the main console of your Trend Micro Security program.
Last Updated: Dec. 22, 2016 11:41 PM (PST)
Solution ID: 1104137