"You did not provide the right information. Please try again." error message appears when logging in to MyAccount
- Solution ID: 1098905
- Last Updated: Dec. 11, 2017 9:40 PM (PST)
- Applies to: Antivirus for Mac - 2018;Antivirus+ Security - 2015, Antivirus+ Security - 2016;Antivirus+ Security - 2017;Antivirus+ Security - 2018;Internet Security - 2015, Internet Security - 2016;Internet Security - 2017;Internet Security - 2018;Maximum Security - 2015, Maximum Security - 2016;Maximum Security - 2017;Maximum Security - 2018;Mobile Security for Android - All;Mobile Security for iOS - All;Password Manager - All;Premium Security - 2015, Premium Security - 2016;Premium Security - 2017, Premium Security - 2018;
- "You did not provide the right information. Please try again." | Error Message | Trend Micro
You receive the following error message when you are logging into your Trend Micro Account:
"You did not provide the right information. Please try again."
This message occurs when:
- You mistyped/mispelled your email address or your password.
- You forgot your email address or your password.
- You cannot access the email address you registered.
- You bought the program through Best Buy or through ISP (Internet Service Providers).
Retype your email address and your password. Ensure there are no extra spaces or duplicate characters.
To retrieve your forgotten email address, do the following:
- Go to Trend Micro Account.
- Click the Forgot which address you used before? link.
- Provide your Trend Micro serial number, then click Check Now .
To retrieve your forgotten password, do the following:
- Go to Trend Micro Account.
- Click the Forgot your password? link.
- Type the email address you used to register your program.
- Type the captcha or characters shown then click Retrieve.
You will be prompted to check your email to reset your account password.
- Log in to your email and open the email from Trend Micro.
- Click change your password now. A new window will open asking for your new password.
- Type your new password in the New password field.
- Retype your new password in the Confirm new password field.
Note: Your password should be between 8 and 50 characters long. Make sure to remember your password.
- Click Update Password.
- Click Sign In.
If you cannot remember your password and you have already changed your email address, contact our Technical Support for assistance.
If you forgot your password and no longer have access to your old email address, contact our Technical Support for assistance.
If you purchased your Trend Micro Security from Best Buy or from an Internet Service Provider (ISP), and your Trend Micro serial number starts with "T", contact Best Buy or your ISP respectively.
Note: Trend Micro Account is only available for customers who purchased directly from our online store and other retail stores.
Monday to Friday (5AM - 8PM PST)
Monday to Friday (7AM - 7PM Sydney Time)
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:30 GMT
Monday to Friday (8AM - 5PM Local Time)
Monday to Friday (8AM – 5PM Manila Time)
Monday to Friday (9AM – 9PM India Time)