Home & Home Office Support
Using Trend Micro AntiRansomware Tool 3.0 with USB
- Getting pop-up messages telling that your computer has been locked.
- Getting pop-up messages demanding payment before you can access your files and programs.
STEP 1: Perform the following steps on a working computer
- Download the AntiRansomware 3.0 Tool and save it to your desktop.
- Extract the contents of AR30_build10.zip.
- Insert a USB drive.
- Double-click ARUSBMaker.exe to install the package.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Select the USB drive then click Create.
Important: This will erase all the contents of the USB drive.
STEP 2: Perform the following steps on the infected computer:
- Insert the USB drive on the infected computer.
- Boot the infected computer from the USB drive.
If the USB drive is detected, you will see this text on your screen while the computer is restarting:If the USB drive is not detected, do any the following:
- Insert the USB to another USB port and restart the computer.
- Make sure that the USB is properly inserted.
- Try using another USB.
Last Updated: Jul. 28, 2015 7:56 PM (PST)
Solution ID: 1098354