Home & Home Office Support
Using Trend Micro™ Ransomware Screen Unlocker Tool with USB
- Getting pop-up messages telling that your computer has been locked.
- Getting pop-up messages demanding payment before you can access your files and programs.
STEP 1: Perform the following steps on a working computer
- On a working or non-infected computer, download Trend Micro™ Ransomware Screen Unlocker Tool for USB and save it to your desktop.
- Insert a USB drive.
- Double-click Trend Micro™ Ransomware Screen Unlocker for USB.exe.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Select the USB drive then click Create.
Important: This will erase all the contents of the USB drive.
STEP 2: Perform the following steps on the infected computer
- Insert the USB drive on the infected computer.
- Boot the infected computer from the USB drive.
If the USB drive is detected, you will see this text on your screen while the computer is restarting:
- Insert the USB to another USB port and restart the computer.
- Make sure that the USB is properly inserted.
- Try using another USB.
Last Updated: Jul. 05, 2016 5:15 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1098354