Using Trend Micro™ Ransomware Screen Unlocker Tool with USB
Learn how to use the Trend Micro™ Ransomware Screen Unlocker Tool for USB to resolve ransomware infection on your computer when Internet is no longer accessible in any mode.
Below are indications that your computer is infected by a ransomware:
- Getting pop-up messages telling that your computer has been locked.
- Getting pop-up messages demanding payment before you can access your files and programs.
This tool uses a different implementation method from that of AntiRansomware Tool build 2.0 to 8.0 and no longer needs user-triggered keys to run. We recommend this tool to be used on ransomware cases which are present on all modes (Normal Mode, Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, etc.).
BEFORE YOU PROCEED:
Before using the tool, make sure that the USB drive is functional and is detected by your operating system.
- Perform the following steps on a working computer
On a working or non-infected computer, download Trend Micro™ Ransomware Screen Unlocker Tool for USB and save it to your desktop.
- Insert a USB drive.
- Double-click Trend Micro™ Ransomware Screen Unlocker for USB.exe.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Select the USB drive, then click Create.
Note: This procedure will erase all the contents of the USB drive.
- Perform the following steps on the infected computer
- Insert the USB drive on the infected computer.
- Boot the infected computer from the USB drive.
If the USB drive is detected, you will see this text on your screen while the computer is restarting:
If the USB drive is not detected, do any the following:
- Insert the USB to another USB port and restart the computer.
- Make sure that the USB is properly inserted.
- Try using another USB.
- Login to the infected computer and wait for the Trend Micro™ Ransomware Screen Unlocker Tool to suspend the lock screen and open the console.
Note: The tool will automatically initiate by itself. There is no key trigger implemented to call out the tool.
- Continue using the tool for troubleshooting.
- Click Scan.
- The scan results will be displayed. Click Fix Now.
Last Updated: Sep. 25, 2017 7:23 AM (PST)
Solution ID: 1098354